“I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.” Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Introduction


Welcome to my blog! I moved from San Diego, CA to Auckland, New Zealand the end of September 2006. My husband and I are submitting an Application for Residence to NZ Immigration in October. I am working in the central business district (CBD) of Auckland for a small pharmaceutical discovery company as a result of serendipity. How did I get here?
My sister, 3 years older than me (I'm 37), married a Kiwi (he has a NZ citizenship) while living in Oakland, CA. He convinced her New Zealand is a better place to live than America, and they moved here in April 2005. She says she loves it here. I thought she was a bit crazy. I mean, as an American, we are led to believe that it is the best country in the world. We have immense resources, and generally don't travel to other countries to study or work. But, this is how it starts- an idea, an experience, and an opportunity. More later.