“I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.” Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Monday, February 26, 2007

fun on the North Island



















I haven't updated this blog for about 3 weeks, due to having my parents visit and touring around the north island of New Zealand. Here's the summary:




*My parents brought lots of good stuff from the US, including saltwater taffy, dried chiles, Pace picante sauce, and solid stick deoderant/antiperspirant.




*The weather has been awesome. February is a great time to visit New Zealand!






*Our guest bedroom is ready- friends and family are invited to stay with us.

*We got a woodburner / fireplace installed. We'll be warm and toasty when the cold winds blow this winter.











*Darin and I drove up to Tutukaka and dove the Poor Knights Islands- spectacular! I will upload underwater photos soon and post the link here.






*We lost 2 of our chicks to some unidentified illness. The others are all getting big and less cute.