“I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.” Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

My US president vote goes to...


Barack Obama, because he went on the Daily Show and told Jon Stewart that he loved the show. I love the Daily Show, too! That's good enough for me. Although it's not as funny as the Colbert Report, it is broadcast here in NZ and keeps us current with the current US politics. The current king/emperor of the US is visiting Australia this week, and it is causing me 5 kinds of annoyance. The Aussie and NZ populace seems dismayed at Bush's extravegance- the most security ever for any foreign dignitary. One of the many bizarre security expenses was a water cannon to use against protesters, despite the fact that Australia's suffered the worst drought ever, in that country, and water restrictions are in place. Oh the irony. I'm so proud of these students, protesting King Bush's visit- great signs!